Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Where I've Been

Lately I haven't really been home. My sisters notice. Kelly reminds me every time I come back home how I'm never here. But it's hard to be home after being gone for a year. It's hard to try and put up with being a part of a family again. Not that I'm "putting up" with them in a bad way, it's just different. Hopefully some of you know how that is. The girls are at that age where everything turns into a fight, including with me. Most of the time it's fun when I'm with them, but then in a split second the tables turn and someone is mad at someone else. So, this summer I've wandered a lot. Fun wandering though, to visit friends and have fun elsewhere. There were weddings to go to and people to see. I can't believe how fast this summer has gone. I thought I would see more movies than I have. I've only been to two. Crazy, huh?
So now I'm getting ready to go back up to WSU. I've been cleaning out my old room so Kelly can move in completely. Going through all sorts of clothes and stuff I forgot I had and boxing it up so five to ten years from I can unpack it and wonder why I kept it. You know, the fun stuff. Kristen and Katie switched rooms too, so we've been moving them in and out and reorganizing. The upstairs is a mess. Mom keeps telling me to finish going through all my stuff, but it's so overwhelming. I get distracted easily and would much rather go and watch TV than sort through another box of clothes from High School. But it's getting done. I'm almost ready for school.
School. Yes, it's that time of year. August. I'll head up to WSU to join my freshman roommate next week. Yes, freshman roommate. I feel sorry for her, having to live with me. It'll work out. Hopefully soon I'll have a single. I'm excited to start school. A little nervous too. Not sure exactly what to expect. I know it will be a good year. My last year in college. Nine months from now I'll be graduating. Hopefully by then I'll have figured out what I want to do for my life (or at least the next 2-5 years). It's scary to think about really. I've been a student for so long I can't imagine life without school. I'll just continue to pray and trust God with that. Eventually I'll figure it out, and whatever it is I'm sure I'll be excited about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think we're all learning how to live with our families again... and for that matter how to live in the states.