Monday, February 12, 2007

It is a violation of Federal law...

My latest discovery has been the "Directions for Use" label on the bottom of my Kleenex tissue box. It reads, "It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Use only as a facial tissue."
Hmmm...my first thought: what other uses are there? My second thought: oh wait...
Yes, I have used Kleenex brand tissues for things other than "only as a facial tissue." First, I think Kleenex brand tissues are great for dusting. Many times I'm at my computer and the screen is dusty or my "workspace" (usually more like lack thereof, but you get the picture) seems to have quite a bit of dust on it. What do I do? Go and grab a dust rag? No. A paper towel? No. I go for the box of Kleenex brand tissue placed within reach to wipe away the dirt and grime. A violation of Federal law? Perhaps. Another use for the Kleenex brand tissue is in the bathroom as a back up to the toilet paper. You all know what I'm talking about. Its too late because you've already committed to the toilet and the toilet paper is out, so you painstakingly reach for the box of Kleenex brand tissue on the counter and use that to wipe your worries away. Usually this box will sit by the toilet for at least one day until someone more responsible uses the toilet and goes and finds the stockpile to replenish the paper supply.
I'm sure there are also countless others ways Kleenex brand tissue has been used "in a manner inconsistent with its labeling." Some other ways I came up with are: napkin, temporary band aid, gift wrap, fake snow, stuffing, etc.
So, have I violated Federal law for using Kleenex brand tissue as a dust rag? Or as toilet paper? I'll let you be the judge.

2 comments:

Matt Hajicek said...

Absolutely you have violated Federal Law. As have almost all of us. This is just a drop in the bucket of how far the Federal Government has overstepped it's bounds of authority.

Garrett said...

That's the most retarded federal law ever. I have wiped my a$$ with kleenex before, and i'm sure many hundreds of thousands of people have done the same. What a joke