Monday, June 26, 2006

The beginning of the end

This year is fast coming to an end. In 8 days I will be on a plane bound for America. Crazy...I look back over this year and there is so much to remember. So much has happened this year. I think of all our crazy and amazing stories and I have so much to tell. Some of my friends have already made their way home. They talk about how normal and convenient everything is. One of these friends is Michelle. We took her to the airport last Wednesday. It has been so hard without her here, but she had to go home early for various reasons (I would tell you to check her blog, but she never posts...haha). Without her here Kelley and I are ready to go home. Her leaving signified the end of the year in every aspect. She started the process of leaving. It will never again be the five of us here in EA. Gosh, I miss her tons! And I'm going to see her when I get off the plane.
With Michelle gone I've realized how much I crave attention. She would always pay attention to me. I would just wander into her room and jump on the bed or sit next to her at her desk. Now I wander around the apartment, usually find my way into Kelley's room. It's funny. I guess I really do need attention. I also have this weird need to tell Michelle everything that has gone on since she's been gone. When I email her or talk to her online I want to tell her all the details and in return I want to hear all the details of her life. I guess that's what happens when you share a year together. I think I will feel the same way about Kelley. I will want to call her up everyday and hear all about her life in Wisconsin. Crazy, it's like we're all married to each other!
On this note, I'm a little scared to go back to WSU. Right now I'm having a roommate fiasco. I was supposed to get a single but somehow things got messed up. Right now I'm playing the waiting game to see what happens. The other night I had a long conversation with Steven about going back home that triggered my fear of going back to school. The more I think about it, the more I am nervous to live in a freshman dorm and go back to taking classes. I have no idea what it will look like. I don't want to be that "strange" upperclassman who lived overseas for a year and now can't relate to others. I've been praying about it a lot and I know that God wants me back at WSU next year, so I know if He wants me there then He will give me the peace and the joy that comes with following Him. I am excited to go back and live on the same floor as Michelle and Shelley and I am excited to reach out to freshmen girls. I just have to keep trusting God and believing that His plans for me are better than anything I could ever imagine!
Dropping Michelle off at the airport...Before we all started crying. I actually started at the airport and continued to cry almost all the way home. Kelley put up a front and then broke down an hour later in the van. Leaving is never easy...

No comments: