Thursday, June 01, 2006

Rain equals crazy days

I should be packing right now. But I'm not. Instead I'm going to share about my crazy day in EA in the rain...
5:15am: woke up on my own to a very loud motorboat going past our apartment on the canal.
5:45am: got up and showered
6:40am: Michelle and I left our apartment to go and catch a train into the city for another doctor's appt for her
6:55am: arrive at train station and board train
8:20am: train arrives at destination
8:30am: buy tickets for return ride home. tickets are for 2:50pm
8:35am: get on metro line to go to doctor's appt. during ride I play a leaning game with a guy behind me on the metro who insists on using my back for support. everytime I moved, he searched me out with his backside.
8:55am: rendezvous at Starbucks (by now it's pouring buckets of rain)
9:05am: buy Louis Vuitton umbrella for $1.25 while getting a cab to hospital for a doctor's appt that was supposed to be at 9am
9:20am: get to hospital. because we're late we have to wait over an hour for next available time
9:45am: see mercedes-benz taxi cab
10:15am: watch a very pregnant lady have an emotional breakdown on the front steps of the hospital
10:30am: go in for Michelle's appt
11:45am: finally see the doctor
12:23pm: Michelle gets hit on by strange Australian man wanting to share a cab...
12:25pm: leave the hospital, head for the coffee shop/office to turn in forms for insurance
12:45pm: arrive at coffee shop
1:30pm: leave coffee shop and get a cab (miraculously) right outside (note: it's still raining...very hard)
1:40pm: arrive at Burger King for lunch; at this point both Michelle and I are starving
2:05pm: leave Burger King
2:15pm: get on subway
2:25pm: go to change lines for subway (remember our train leaves at 2:50)
2:32pm: get on other subway line
2:45pm: arrive at train station and hit the ground running
2:46pm: duck under the exit gate b/c our cards didn't have the right amount of money on them
2:48pm: arrive at soft seat waiting area where the little lady tells us it's too late (after we've run through the rain)
2:55pm: exchange tickets for 3:45pm train
3:10pm: go to waiting lounge and laugh about how incredibly wet we are and how nothing is going right today
3:40pm: board train
4:40pm: arrive at destination
4:55pm: get home :-) the first good thing to happen all day
5:10pm: order in sandwiches
5:15pm: start watching Emperor's New Groove
6:00pm: dinner arrives
6:50pm: leave for team meeting
7:00pm: start team meeting (prayer meeting)
9:00pm: meeting ends
9:20pm: get home (soaking wet from riding my bike in the rain)
9:30pm: Kelley and I have a very long, very good conversation with Michelle (who we woke up). This conversation lasted a long time. Now it's almost midnight and I still have to pack. Today was one of my most challenging EA days...ever. The rain always complicates everything. And now, I can no longer say that I haven't missed a train. However, Michelle and I were able to laugh about it. In fact, I don't remember being irritated until later on when I thought back on it. Now I'm wondering how I made it through it. I'm glad I got to share it with Michelle, she's amazing! Ok, I'm going to pack for our trip now.

No comments: