Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Kissing Disease

Mono. Our unexpected visitor. My roomie, Michelle, got mono and now Kelley and I are just waiting to see where it springs up next. Apparently, she has the "Asian" strain (didn't know there was a difference) and it's highly contagious through the air. Crazy. I could get mono, also known as the kissing disease, and not even have to kiss anyone to get it! I'm not sure how I feel about that. She's had it for about two weeks now and she'll sleep 14 hours a night on average. Crazy kid! Also, with the WSU peeps visiting this past week she's completely worn out. So now, everyone in "the fam" here is pretty much sick except for me. There's been a head cold going around, some sort of flu thing and now mono. I think I'm the only one who hasn't gotten sick yet. I'm hoping I get a choice as to what I catch. I'll take a head cold, please. If anything, it will be amazing if I don't get mono as I share everything with Michelle (drinks, food, etc) and snuggle with her quite frequently. The doctor told her that whoever is going to get it already has it. How comforting, I could be a carrier and not even know it for another 4 to 6 weeks when symptoms arise. Would anybody like a kiss?

No comments: