Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Jessica's Rainy Day Movie List

Here is a list of movies I recommend for rainy days (I am only including those movies that I currently have access to so not to disappoint myself):

Gone with the Wind
This is one of my all-time favorites. It's actually a really good "sick day" movie too. Totally worth the four hours! I love how you end up hating and loving Scarlett at the same time. It's so emotional.

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
Just watched this last night. I love Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe! The songs are fun (and not annoying like some musicals) and there are some very witty remarks.

Must Love Dogs
One of my new favorites. It's about online dating and stars Diane Lane and John Cusack. Very cute romantic comedy. And it hits kind of close to home...Diane Lane's character, Sara, has a sister that puts her on an online dating service. Hmmm...now who would do that? Ok...Maybe this shouldn't be on this list. I just think you should watch it.

Under the Tuscan Sun
Again, Diane Lane does an amazing job as a divorced middle aged woman trying to find life in a Villa in Tuscany. The scenery is gorgeous! This is a good fall back movie.

The Emperor's New Groove
Who doesn't love an emperor turned llama and a village leader trying to escape evil plots and find friendship? Complete with evil advisor/mad scientist, talking squirrel and dumb sidekick.

When Harry Met Sally
A great movie that has fun dialogues and interesting conversations.

These are just a few of my all time favorite movies. They're good for a rainy day because you can watch them over and over (at least I can) and not tire of them. Yay for rainy days and yay for movies!
I've been watching a lot of movies lately. At least one a day, somedays more than one. We were warned in Colorado about movies becoming a form of "escapism" to get away from the culture. I'm embracing the thought of escapism.

No comments: