Monday, February 20, 2006

Fellowship

Fellowship. That's my key word of the day, maybe the year. I didn't realize how much I was missing out on relationships until Thailand. I think because I get along with everyone on my team so well I don't notice the lack of variety in my life. At the conference I got to hang out with all sorts of amazing people and I loved every minute of it! Sometimes I forget how isolated I am. Being over here in ministry is hard. We don't have community like it is in the States. There aren't relationships outside of "work" here. Back at WSU, I had friends in different groups. I floated between groups hanging out here and there. I can't do that in East Asia. Until Thailand, I didn't realize how much I missed those relationships and the fellowship that comes with it. Part of that makes me excited to go back to WSU, which is good. Through all this I've seen a bigger picture of what God has for us in heaven. I can't wait for the day when all these relationships continue on. When it doesn't end because you have to get on an airplane and travel from place to place. I honestly can't wait for eternity when we have all the time we could ever want to build into relationships that never end. There won't be good byes, or "see you next time." It will just be us and God in constant fellowship. Praise God for His beautiful plan and eternal love! Praise God for fellowship!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very true Jess very true...I am excited for heaven where relationships are perfect and free of sin and tears. So cool what you are learning about Heaven while here on Earth- have u read Heaven by Randy Alcorn?

Anonymous said...

Actually I haven't read Heaven by Randy Alcorn yet. It came out the summer before I left and I never got the chance to read it. I really want to. However, I have read many of his other books and they also depicted heaven in a very real way. I love the way he writes and how he describes eternal things.