Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I couldn't resist...

Ok, read my post below and this will make more sense. I quite often feel that I have the most common name in America. So I googled my name (below), but then I went on to google the most common name. I found NameStatistics.com. It's cool. You should do it. Anyways, I first tried Jessica. Here are the results:

  • Jessica is a very rare male name.
    Very few men in the US are named Jessica.
    Be proud of your unique name!

Whew, I was worried there for a minute...

  • Jessica is the #26 most common female name.
    0.49% of females in the US are named Jessica.
    Around 624750 US females are named Jessica!
Oh my goodness!! 624,750!! Wow, that's a lot of Jessicas! But still only .5%, interesting. For some reason I thought it would be more than that. It was afterall, the most common name for girls in the 80's.
  • Jessica is the #83290 most common last name.
    0.0005% of last names in the US are Jessica.
    Around 1250 US last names are Jessica!
Huh? What amazes me is that people actually have the last name Jessica...Who are these people? Haha, I find this very amusing. There are around 1250 last names Jessica? I never saw that coming.
Ok, now for the last name. Anderson. We'll see how this goes...
  • Anderson is the #11 most common last name.
    0.311% of last names in the US are Anderson.
    Around 777500 US last names are Anderson!

#11 most common...Impressive. Higher than I thought it would be. I guess my name isn't as common as I thought. #49 for first name and #11 for last name doesn't seem like it would be the most common. In fact, according to lifesmith.com Mary Smith is the most common girl's name. Weird, I actually know a Mary Smith! But I guess that shouldn't be surprising should it. It is afterall, the most common.

No comments: