Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Current Conditions...

The current temperature: 34F with the wind speed at 17mph and gusts at 28mph (try riding your bike in that); it is currently raining with a mix of hail. Tonight's forecast: Snow and temps as low at 12F; projected snow accumulation is 1 inch. Tomorrow's forecast: Realfeel temps around 30F (the high), clear and cold. My thought: I'm not going to school tomorrow...In fact, I'm not leaving my house if at all possible (at least we can get our house partly warm...When the breaker doesn't go out). I don't want to know what it is like riding a bike in the snow. Today was bad enough. Hail combined with winds and a bike is incredibly cold and painful. No wonder half of my classmates didn't show up today. Oh yeah, and to top it off our fridge is warm. Not just broken warm, but heating itself warm. I can honestly say it is warmer than our kitchen...Go figure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just an update...today (Friday) it is currently 14F and the wind is unbearable. We rode our bikes home from class and it took a good 15 minutes in our "warm" apartment before my fingers stopped stinging. Riding bikes in this weather is ridiculous!

Anonymous said...

Jess! You are an amazon woman! I'm such a baby, that sounds horrible. Way to be strong and keep going.