Thursday, January 19, 2006

Packing and ponderings on TL

Ahhh, the joys of packing. Ok, so there's nothing joyfull about it. In fact, I don't like packing (the only thing worse is the dreaded unpacking). But this occassion I am actually excited about it as I am packing to head off to Thailand! The land of sun and beaches. Yay! It's weird packing tank tops, skirts and flip flops when it's 30 degrees out. We'll be flying out Sunday afternoon at about 3:30 (11:30pm Saturday night, PST) and landing in Bangkok where we'll stay two nights. Then we'll fly down to beautiful Koh Samui. Where we'll lay on the beach, maybe swim in a lagoon, eat Mexican food, admire sunsets and stars (we haven't really seen any since August) and maybe take up some snorkeling. Some others in my group are going to go scuba diving, but since I have this irrational fear of depth and sharks I'll stay close to shore. Chaweng is the main beach on Koh Samui and that's where our hotel is. We'll be right in the middle of everything. So this might be my last post for awhile. I might share an adventure or two from Thailand when I get the chance. We'll see. So I'll be on Koh Samui until Feb 3rd and then I'm headed to the Mid Year conference on the other side of Thailand for two weeks of conferences and classes. I'll be back in country on Feb 19. Please be praying for safe travels. I think the thing I'm most excited about it being able to build deeper relationships with my friends outside of work and East Asia. It will be fun to hang out and do life together in a new and exciting context, away from everyday life. Have some adventures together and laugh a lot. It will also be nice to see the sky and stars at night, and get back in touch with the beauty of God through His creation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica...It looks sooo beautiful! I'm excited you guys get to enjoy some time off and vacation. Hope you have a wonderful, safe time and take tons of pics. Thanks for keeping these blogs...you're awesome and I love hearing how everything is going. Have a great time!! Love ya and thinking of you!
~Kim Hough ;)