Thursday, April 06, 2006

I feel lied to

Diet Pepsi is one of my favorite foods. It should be it's own food group. Really, I'm being serious. Anyways, over here in the land of a thousand lanterns the diet Pepsi bottles have a picture of woman wearing boxing gloves. She is a very attractive Asian woman and I always assumed she was a world class boxer, or something like that. Well, a couple of weeks ago a friend of mine told me that she isn't in fact a boxer, but a racecar driver. I believed her, why shouldn't I? I mean, how do I know what kind of superstar she really is except that she must be indeed super? So, for about a month now I have been telling everyone that the boxing glove clad woman on the diet Pepsi bottle is a racecar driver. I even told our visitors from WSU who were here a few weeks ago. Yesterday I was at dinner with a group of students and some of my teammates. I was talking about the racecar driving, boxing glove wearing superstar and told the students I wanted to be just like her when I grew up (because, let's be honest, who doesn't want that?). My friend, Ruby, looked at me funny and said, "but she is a singer." "She is?" I asked and looked at her picture again on the diet Pepsi bottle. "Are you sure?" Everyone else at the table just looked at me like I was crazy. So, my friend (who was American by the way) lied to me. I don't think she really knew she was lying, there is a girl racecar driver who does do advertisements, just not for Pepsi. So, I'm sorry to all of you I told that the girl on the diet Pepsi bottle is a racecar driver. She is instead a singer. Either way, I still am confused about the boxing gloves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, I believed that she was a racecar driver too. Looking back, we should have known better.. but it seemed reasonable at the time.
I'm with you on Diet Pepsi being it's own food group... it is so wonderful. It can turn a cloudy day bright again. I'm going to go have one right now. Yay! Do you think we love Diet Pepsi too much? Maybe we should be in one of those supoort groups...

Anonymous said...

I don't anyone can love Diet Pepsi too much. That's just not possible...unless it becomes more important than God, then you have a problem. (that's my attempt at being spiritual for the evening)