Friday, April 14, 2006

Remember all those children's books?

Lately I've been reminiscent of my childhood book experience. My mom used to read to us every night before bed. She loved books and passed that love on to me and my sister. Some of my favorite books were Charlotte's Web, Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, The Little House, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, Frederick and the Mr Men and Little Miss books (Little Miss Neat was my favorite...Ironic since I'm actually really messy). Ah, the days of childhood books. I think part of my obsession with reading comes from my mom's love of reading to us. Thanks Mom!

2 comments:

anne said...

Jessica,

I LOVE this post! I'm the same way! And I loved the steam shovel book too!! :-)

How cool is that?

Anonymous said...

I love the very bad day book! That one is so funny. Oh how I miss The Babysitter Club books...I was obsessed, I was even going to start my own club!